Thursday, May 28, 2015

GoodReads


Ok, if you have not come across GoodReads … you have several options. But the best one is to head there now.

I joined in 2010. This is a great site to keep on hand. It gives you a large variety of book information. Groups to discuss what you are reading, the authors you like, trivia, quizzes, quotes, reviews, GoodReads Blog, other bookaholics, book reviews, some eBook download options … and even giveaways.

Info about GoodReads:
“Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Goodreads launched in January 2007.”
”See which books your friends are reading.
Track the books you're reading, have read, and want to read.
Check out your personalized book recommendations. Our recommendation engine analyzes 20 billion data points to give suggestions tailored to your literary tastes.
Find out if a book is a good fit for you from our community’s reviews.”

There is Listopia, where you can give your vote on your favorite books. Best Books Ever, Best Books of the 21st Century, Best Books of 2015, Favorite Summer Reads, 5 Star Worthy … and that just keeps going. Sometimes I just sit & look though the lists to see what’s out there or to even vote.

I have found this the best way to keep up with the book series I enjoy, the authors I enjoy … and I even enjoy trying the giveaways. When I am searching for the next in the in a series or the next book to read, I check out my GoodReads to see what the reviews are or for the next in line.
Yes, I give my reviews on my Books, Books & More Books Blog … but sometimes I copy them over to my GoodReads Review.


So, if you haven’t come across GoodReads in the past. Head there now & sign up. Keep a list of the books you want to read, those you have read & those you are currently reading … with options to add other lists. PLUS you can participate in the GoodReads Reading Challenge, where you choose the number of books you want to read for the year.

(Look me up … I enjoy meeting new bookaholics)

No comments:

Post a Comment