Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dead to the World (iZombie #1) ~ Chris Roberson, Mike Allred

Normally I am not a fan of graphic novels. Push comes to shove, I will read them if nothing else is on hand. I compare them to comics, which I loved as a child but I have long since moved on. Although this one just might change that … maybe.
I picked this graphic novel up from our library simply because I really do enjoy the IZombie show. So, I was EXPECTING the graphic novel to follow the same path … BOY was I wrong. Liv is a coroner in the show, getting her brains. In the book, Gwen is a gravedigger, who returns at night to dig up “fresh” bodies when she needs her “brain fix.” From there it is complete different …

I enjoyed reading a book that I did not compare to a show. Gwen’s friends are a Were-Terrier & a Ghost from the 60’s. Add in Vamps, a strange Mummy, & two men that belong to a group that is out to kill all “non-human’s.” The Were-Terrier has the feelings for Gwen, but so does one of the Hunters. (Which complete freaks Gwen out & sends her running.)
But like the show, she is hunting down a killer. Guess eating a persons brain will have you hunting down what killed them … natural or otherwise.

I guess I will have to wait for judgment until after I have read a couple more Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment